The market is flooded with all kinds of hockey goals, all of which are advertised as being the best the market has to offer. While not all hockey goals are as durable or as sturdy as they are advertised, here are five that are sure to tickle your fancy.
Table of Contents
As its name suggests the Mylec steel hockey goal is an all-purpose hockey goal designed for both indoor and outdoor use. Weighing 16 pounds, this hockey goal has a 1.25 tubing frame made from heavy-gauge steel. The durable nylon netting of this hockey goal is sewn onto six rugged canvas sleeves. For added durability, the manufacturers of the Mylec hockey goal opted for a quadruple stitching. The dimensions of this hockey goal are 52 inches in width, 43 inches in height and 28 inches in diameter. The Mylec all-purpose goal features a pro-style design with a top shelf, which makes it easy to assemble.
- Is very easy to assemble
- Is lightweight and thus easy to move from one point to another
- Its steel tubing frame makes it almost impervious to harsh weather
- It is very sturdy and remains rooted to the ground regardless of what you throw at it
- It is a very well made goal
- Some users have complained of its assembly instructions being difficult to follow
The steel tubing frame of the Mylec all-purpose hockey goal makes it a far better goal than those plastic goals that many of us are used to. Furthermore, this hockey goal is as sturdy and compact as it is durable. Thus, this Mylec hockey goal is worth every penny spent on it.See The Product on Amazon
Another hockey goal that is as sturdy as it is durable is the Franklin Sports Steel goal. The frame of this goal is constructed from a heavy gauge 1.25-inch steel tubing. This sturdy steel frame has a durable net attached to it. The net is made from high-quality polyester and comes pre-fit. To make it easy to assemble, the goal is offered with precision tube fittings. Also, the goal boasts of a high-quality nylon net sleeve for attaching the net to the frame. In regards to weight, the goal weighs 14 pounds and measures 50 inches in width, 42 inches in height and 26 inches in diameter
- It is sturdy but not heavy, making it easy to move around with
- It is easy to assemble
- Is ideal for different types of hockey, from ice to street hockey
- Its steel frame can withstand almost anything
- It is perfectly sized for children aged 7 to 14 years
- It is very well made
- The net might not be as durable as you would want it to be
- It is mostly idea for persons aged between 7 and 14 years
While the Franklin Sports hockey goal is not without its demerits, it is still a pretty great hockey goal. That being said, this hockey goal offers great value for your money and is a worthy investment for any hockey enthusiast.See The Product on Amazon
If you are looking for a hockey goal that will make you feel like you are playing in the NHL, then the Franklin Sports Official size steel goal is perfect for you. This is not your ordinary hockey goal as it is constructed from 1.5-inch steel tubing frame and a polyester nylon net. The net attachment features welded loops for durability. Also included is a reinforced rope edge net. In terms of dimensions, this is not the smallest net out there. It measures 72 inches in width and 48 inches in height and weighs about 35 pounds.
- The net is strong and durable and can take almost any shot
- It is of the same size as the nets used in the NHL
- It is easy to assemble
- The entire goal is durable and sturdy
- It looks great both indoors and outdoors
- It takes some time to attach the net to the frame
- It is not a lightweight product and is thus not easy to move around with
One of the best things about this hockey goal is that it is designed to be an almost exact replica of the goals used in the NHL. In this regard, it is big, sturdy and durable. As such, it will serve you for a very long time.
Ideal for pickup games of hockey, soccer, lacrosse just to mention a few, the Mylec all-purpose folding goal is a versatile and portable goal. The frame of the goal is crafted from high-impact 1.62 inch PVC tubing. For added support, the goal features a center tube. As with other Mylec goals, this one is fitted with a durable sleeve netting system. This goal measures 54 inches in width and 44 inches in height.
- Can be folded for easy storage
- Is sturdy for use as a street hockey goal
- Is easy and safe to assemble
- It is durable
- It is lightweight and is thus easy to move around with
- Is made of PVC and might not be as durable as its steel counterparts
- It is lightweight and is thus prone to falling down in windy conditions
The Mylec all-purpose foldable hockey goal is the perfect choice for anyone looking for an inexpensive goal that does not compromise on quality. Thus, this hockey goal is still a great purchase despite its few demerits.See The Product on Amazon
Another versatile all-purpose steel goal that is an inexpensive alternative to high-end hockey goals, the Franklin Sports all-purpose steel goal is quite the masterpiece. A 1.25 inch steel tubing makes up the goals frame and a durable mesh sleeve netting makes up its net. The flat-front corners of the goal are fitted with push-button fittings for easy assembly. In addition, the net can be tightened to prevent balls from going through the net. This net has a width of 50 inches, a height of 42 inches and a 26 inch depth.
- Is easy to assemble
- Is a very sturdy and durable hockey goal
- Is a versatile goal that can be used for lacrosse, hockey and soccer training
- Can be used on a field, backyard or park
- Can accommodate large soccer balls as well as small pucks
- Is not easy to store due to its size
Of the five hockey goals reviewed above, the Franklin Sports all-purpose goal is probably the best. This is because; you will find it difficult to identify any cons with this hockey goal. As such, this hockey goal is a great goal for use indoors and outdoors.
There you have it. The 5 best hockey nets on the market. We'd love to get some feedback from you in the comments on our list.
If you need one with a backstop, check out our list for those here.